Jul 29, 2011

Upper East Fork Miller

The Skykomish drainage holds some of the biggest stouts around. And don't kid yourself, just because Tao grew up around here doesn't mean he found everything. He did find this one, though and so did I. The EF Miller has some of the steepest whitewater I've probably ever paddled. Massive drops and totally continuous gradient make this section V+/VI. It took us six hours to complete our first descent. We found the beers at the take out to be quite a tasty treat.

I've been struggling with my mostly disagreeable laptop, oh yeah, and windows movie wrecker to create something decent. I'll put some pics up after I've had a chance to go through them. Til then kiddies, enjoy this fine bit of whitewater magic.

Upper East Fork Miller from Brett Barton on Vimeo.

No comments: