Dec 27, 2015

Longboatin'

Leavenworth, WA

Got my first long boat a couple weeks ago and wouldn't you know it, WA was having some epic flooding on top of EPIC snow. Perfect!! I headed to Leavenworth and met up with Tom Potter to get on a fun first time long boat stretch. The play run on the Wenatchee is a great spot to test out new craft, even in winter! The Karma RG was fun and much easier to control than I had suspected. I chose the RG for the added versatility of a drop down skeg and rear hatch for easy stowage. I knew I'd be getting on lakes, doing some touring and general milling about with this boat and since the Karma Unlimited and RG come from the same mold, why not?

The RG has comes with the standard planing hull and edge profile typical of most Jackson Kayak whitewater designs, making it quite responsive and easy to maneuver. It's a little heavy for a whitewater boat, but it's 12 long too! After this first run I can't wait to start exploring bigger whitewater in Tumwater and some of my favorite creek runs. Stoked I finally got one and have it in the quiver!

Here's a quick video I threw together of its maiden voyage. Longboat run, Christmas style! Have fun out there and happiest of holidays from the happiest place on earth, Leavenworth, WA!!










No comments: